• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no points being turned in.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

four4875

since i installed the oneclicks i havnt been getting points, but the WUs are being processed and turned in. neither stanford or eoc are showing my points. any ideas? it looks like something keeps taking the team / user settings out of the config. should i get a newer oneclick to use? the one i had was pretty old. i was folding with the graphical client and had no problems, they showed up on both stanford and eoc after a few hours of completing it.

would a new oneclick fix it? or what else should i do? im about to just stop the services and leave them be.

four4875 said:
since i installed the oneclicks i havnt been getting points, but the WUs are being processed and turned in. neither stanford or eoc are showing my points. any ideas? it looks like something keeps taking the team / user settings out of the config. should i get a newer oneclick to use? the one i had was pretty old. i was folding with the graphical client and had no problems, they showed up on both stanford and eoc after a few hours of completing it.

would a new oneclick fix it? or what else should i do? im about to just stop the services and leave them be.

post the contents of your client.cfg file in the FAH directory. that is most likely where the culprit lies.

main rig

Code:
[settings]
machineid=1
local=22

[http]
active=no

Pops' comp
Code:
[settings]
machineid=1
local=28

[http]
active=no

ive put in the
username=Four4875
team=32

under settings about 5 times now, it never seems to want to stay. ive doen it on the comps themselves, over the network via the shared folder, and through EMIII and every time it seems to remove itself.

it is quite aggrivating lol.

Should look like this:

[settings]
username=ChasR
team=32
asknet=no
machineid=1
local=590
bigpackets=yes

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=no

[clienttype]
type=1

[core]
priority=0
cpuusage=100
disableassembly=no
checkpoint=30
ignoredeadlines=no

[power]
battery=yes

What program are you using to edit. Make sure you only use notepad to edit. other programs mess up the file, which causes the client to generate that generic one.
Edit, try pasting this file in your fah directory. I made a copy of mine with your info saved to it. I also have bigpackets set to no, so you might need to change that. You will have to chane it from client.txt to client.cfg

Attachments

• client.txt
    262 bytes · Views: 66
I just had this problem myself. (i know what you did.... /nanner) :D

copy ChasR's config file from above & paste it into NOTEPAD & save over yours.
EDIT it w/ your info & save.

reboot.

go to "MyFolding" online & check online.

you didn't open yours in notpad the 1st time. you used wordpad. (i did it too)

:cool:

four4875 said:
is it ok if notepad is molesting it? like making it all one line and putting in the little square thingies?

Yes, it is fine like that.

np, I had to go back 4 times..... /dorkme

I finally RE read the install insturctions & /banghead

silly, little, easily missed mistake.

All is well tho.
(I completed like 6 WU's before figuring this out)

:cool:

The square thingies are carriage returns. If you mess them up part or all of the config will be trashed.

Good luck. hopefully it will stick this time. I had some problems in the past, so when i got one that worked, i just copied it to another location to use with all my borgs, so I know they wont trash the config file.

unfortunately ive turne in a few k points like this, and its working now, thankfully. so it was that i used wordpad, just caus it looked right... /me fels like ***. well thanks everyone, and i copied that config to both comps so all should be good.

Back