Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards
Forum Jump

How can I tell if my ABIT KG7-RAID board is faulty?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 10-12-01, 01:02 PM Thread Starter   #1
Noodleboy

How can I tell if my ABIT KG7-RAID board is faulty?

Hey guys. I have recently purchased all the parts to build a new system, but after putting it all together, I can't get it to post at all. I have a KG7-RAID, 1.4 Athalon, Enermax EG465P-VE FC Whisper power supply, and 2 Micron 256MB DDR Ram chips. The harddrive, video card, etc are all old ones from my old machine. My problem is that when I power up, it won't post. I can't even get an error beep from the speaker.

My question is, if I remove EVERYTHING from the board (CPU, Memory, cards, fans, etc) and just leave power, speaker, and power switch, shouldn't the speaker beep to state that there is a problem when I power the system up?

I don't have any real way to tell if my cpu or my board is the problem. I have tried some of the other things I have seen mentioned on this and other forums, such as leaving it unplugged for 10 minutes and trying again, or power cycling it multiple times. But as of yet, nothing is working. I think I have a bad board, but I want to know for sure before I go through all the trouble of sending it back.

Thanks for any help!
Noodleboy is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 10-12-01, 01:52 PM   #2
anarki_gr

to see if your mobo is faulty try to run the puter with only the most necessary parts(that would be 1 stick of ram, video card and cpu). if it doesn't post with this setup i think your mobo is the problem.
anarki_gr is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-12-01, 04:29 PM   #3
Doctor

10 Year Badge

Lightbulb

The first thing I always do when I build a new system is to reset the CMOS. If it still won't boot, check, and re-check the connections from your power switch, power supply, etc.

Do you get any power at all?

Just some ideas,

Doctor
Doctor is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards