• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7S8X-MX question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Antrax`

I own Sempron 2400+ and Asus A78SX-MX MB with noname 256MB DDR PC3200@200MHz. I want to get out of this "package" the best. I read posts that people have OC their Sempron 2400+ to 2800+ and I wish that too of course :) But everything stops at FSB, I can change frequency from 133MHz to 166MHz(this is default) but I want higher frequency but I don't know why, I just can't change that in BIOS. I think that this is MB related. Has anyone got any info about this? Or any other idea how to get more out of this "Package" ?

try to update the bios, maybe a newer version allows this feature. i think the sempron have their fsb embedded on the chip right? not sure if that makes a difference or not, im not even sure on that. i just pulled up the board, it looks like it only supports 333 FSB, which would be 166x2=333 so you maxed the board out. if it doesnt let you go higher, i think you are stuck.

Blah. This **** sux! I'm going out to buy new MB from wich I will get a hell lot more than this! Tnx for your help mate!

unlock the CPU and you will be able to change the multiplier setting, The unlocking process is just the same as the Athlon XP because Semprons are XPs with half cache.
Whats the default multiplier setting? Your CPU is FSB 266 or 333?
That board is the cheapest board from ASUS, dont expect too much from it.

max_clock said:
unlock the CPU and you will be able to change the multiplier setting, The unlocking process is just the same as the Athlon XP because Semprons are XPs with half cache.
Whats the default multiplier setting? Your CPU is FSB 266 or 333?
That board is the cheapest board from ASUS, dont expect too much from it.

First off, most Semprons are T-breds, not Barton-derivatives!!! Thus there ISN'T any L2 cache to unlock unless it's limited to 128 KB like the Duron Applebreds are!!!

Also, when people talk about unlocking them, that don't always mean the L2 cache!

Like many OC'ers, people are trying to unlock the multiplier so that you aren't required to change the FSB frequency to OC the processor.

RJARRRPCGP said:
First off, most Semprons are T-breds, not Barton-derivatives!!! Thus there ISN'T any L2 cache to unlock unless it's limited to 128 KB like the Duron Applebreds are!!!

Also, when people talk about unlocking them, that don't always mean the L2 cache!

Like many OC'ers, people are trying to unlock the multiplier so that you aren't required to change the FSB frequency to OC the processor.

When I meant unlocking, I meant unlocking it using the wire trick, not bridging the CPU. I heared that semprons can be unlocked by that method. Post me if Im wrong.

Back