• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how I got $35 off of my new Ups

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aeiou

So I went to best buy today to get some ink for my printer. While I was there, I figure I might as well take a look around and see if there's anything else worth geting. I come accross a display with some Ups'. I say, hey I've been thinking about getting one... that looks like a decent deal ($65 after rebates, $80 before for a cyberpower 650Avr model). I look on the other side and see an even better deal- the 800Avr model for the same price!! I say hey, that can't be right- but it said that model on the sign, so it must be, and if its not, they will give me that price. So I get to the check out and sure enough, it came up as $99.99, so I tell her that the display said it was $80 before reabates, $65 after. So we went to take a look at the price to make sure and so she gave it to me for $80. Sure enough, again, no rebates print out for it. She tells me I can go over to customer service and they will give me a refund. I do and they give me the $15 right there. So I walked out of the door with a $100 Ups for $65, perfectly legitamately!

best buy is so stupid...theyre so shady with rebates, warranties, refunds..cant tell you how many lemons and returns have come out of there.

all i got to say is, GREAT FIND! bout time they screw up in our favor! lol they didnt beleive me on a buy 2 get 1 free deal for these puzzle games (moms bday present) so i took the girl back there (who was all giggly and staring at me asking too many questions) she said the sale was over but she had to give it to me for that price

hows it working btw? I wanted to get one for my dual g5 and for my fishtank lol

MadSkillzMan said:
hows it working btw? I wanted to get one for my dual g5 and for my fishtank lol
I haven't gotten it hooked up yet, waiting for my printer to finish printing, but Will report back.

i dispise best buy, so in my 4 years of working there i bought like one of everything for my friends HAHAHA

and i got 60% off a UPS....with new psu/vid card though, if i have anything else hooked up to it while gaming....it beeps at me....:(....shoulda bought a bigger one....but they were expensive a few years back.

I've never really had any major issues with with best buy. I keep on hearing horror stories, but I've been pretty happy with them for the most part.

Back