• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unusual requirements.. looking for input

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trigger_Hippie

Registered
Hi all,

Iv posted something ín hte WC forum but thought it best to post something here aswell.. not everyone read the WC posts.

I plan on running a A64 s939, PCI-e rig with water cooling so Im looking to choose a Mobo... BUT.. here is the thing,
I want the MoBo to be able to shut down the system/CPU fans when CPU temp is below an adjustable (by me) temp. I plan on running the watercooling, which will include 3x 120mm fans in passive mode when the PC is under light load.. most of the infomation Iv found is either vague or 'No this mobo cant do that'.
OCing is not a *criticle* requirement, yes I want to OC but Im not worried about the extra 50mHz at the top end if it means I can get a MoBo with the functions I want.

DFI UT NF4 Ultra-D cannot do this according to DFI support.
Epox EP-9NPA+ Ultra can only do this on CPU header and only with 4 preset temps.

Im looking at the Abit Fatal1ty as this appears to enable fan speed adjustment on all/most headers.. anyone got this and can confirm?

Any other MoBo's out there that you guys n girls can say either DO or DO NOT do this so I can add them to or remove them from my list of options.

Cheers all
Trig'

Back