• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s v2 onboard lan....dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kmrivers

Hello. well a new problem has arisen, all of a sudden my onboard lan doesnt want to work. It wont connect to anything, i think it is something with the mac address, i flashed my bios because i changed over a dead bios chip. So yeah, i have seen some threads on xtreme systems, but it doesnt really tell me what to do. When i get home i will play with it. I have reinstalled windows and reinstalled the drivers and still doesn't work. i need internet....gah! help!

ouch... no replies... someone help this guy out! -cuz i think there's a good chance i'll need be needing such help myself sometime in the near future :eh?:

kmrivers said:
Hello. well a new problem has arisen, all of a sudden my onboard lan doesnt want to work. It wont connect to anything, i think it is something with the mac address, i flashed my bios because i changed over a dead bios chip. So yeah, i have seen some threads on xtreme systems, but it doesnt really tell me what to do. When i get home i will play with it. I have reinstalled windows and reinstalled the drivers and still doesn't work. i need internet....gah! help!

If your mac address changed you will need to reflash adding your mac to the command.

awdflash biosname.bin /nvmac#/wb/e

i figured it out. my bios was reporting a totally different MAC address than the one that is configured stock. Luckily the MAC address is printed on a sticker right above the AGP slot toward the back i/o panel. I put that in manually, via the device manager.

My thing now is figuring out how to get the bios to report the right one so i dont have to put it in again when i reinstall windows. and i have to figure out how to tell gentoo linux the new mac address. overclocking... is is really worth? hell yeah!

If anyone know a permanent fix to this that would be awesome. what i might do is try to crack open the bios file and see if i can set it manually.

and no, resetting the modem and stuff would not work. it would detect and pretend as if it were doing something. but it would not connect to anything.

kmrivers said:
that command. what format do i put the mac address in?

I don't understand your question.

If your mac address is 00507A35B670 then you would input:

awdflash biosname.bin /nvmac00507A35B670/wb/e

I think it's case sensitive so type it the way it appears on you mobo.

just for future reference when someone comes here with the same problem. the actual command you put in is the following:

awdflash bionsname.bin /nvmac:(mac address)/wb

if you type in awdflash /? you will get a list of switches you can use. I just wanted to point out that you need a colon after nvmac.

Back