• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory for Ultra D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Queeg

Registered
Evenin

i was thinking of getting a gig of corsair xms 5400 twinx for the ultra D im about to order to run with a 3500+ venice and was wandering if its a good match ? ie. has anybody got experiance of the memory ?

cheers

Queeg said:
Evenin

i was thinking of getting a gig of corsair xms 5400 twinx for the ultra D im about to order to run with a 3500+ venice and was wandering if its a good match ? ie. has anybody got experiance of the memory ?

cheers

isnt that ddr2 memory? dont think it wil lwork with an ultra-d

your right

heads mince tonight

any suggestions for which memory to use ?

Last edited:
ive always had good success with the g.skill brand tccd based sticks with my ultra-d. ive run some old bh-5 sticks ive got laying around in it with some pretty good results as well. it looks to me that the ultra-d is a bit picky with some memorys but works well with most tccd/utt options. theres some diffrent bios out there some that work better with tccd others that are geared towards the utt/bh-5 side of things and some that should work well with both. depending on what your looking to spend though id think some g.skill (or any reputable tccd sticks for that matter) or some good utt would work well for you.

It was the 4400 i meant and ive just seen its on their list of memory to use on the DFI site.

Dont think ive seen g.skill for sale in the UK but ill have a look and see if i can spot it anyplace

cheers

Back