• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What am I doing wrong?? Old 6800GT outruns my new X850XT(both Oc'd)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eightballrj

I got a 6800GT about two weeks ago and just put it in and decided the X850XT was the way to go. Now, I know my system is CPU/Ram bottlenecked... But, why with my X850XT at 560/1200 does my old GT at 414/1152 outrun it in 3D05 by around 50 points?? I just can't figure it out. Help?? I am running Omega 5.6 Drivers(5.7 gave too many BF2 texture errors). Both of these runs were with the same applications running in the background, or lack thereof. Both of these were also at the same clock speed and dimm divider. Scores are 5230(GT) and 5182(XT). Thanks guys!

Richard Jackson

Perhaps the GT just runs better under the conditions?

With your new system in your sig, the XT should be better.

I hope so. I am very anxious to see how much better every bench will be. I will probably post a before and after thread to show how much my old stuff sucked, haha.

KfistoRok,
Man I was reading his sig too and I was like... he must just be playing around or something, haha.

Do you play any games? Do some benchmarks in them, and at settings you would play at. The XXX0's (lol) pull ahead with eye candy such as AA and AF on.

Yeh I play a good deal of BF2 and have started to tire of HL2. I am looking for some more games to start one but I really need to get my computer together so I can really PLAY BF2 with no slow downs. I also need to get back to school so I can play it on our cable connection instead of this crap DSL here. Oh update!!

3D05: 5268 YAY!! That was at 585/600 like I have tried before...but I must have changed something because last time I got like 498X or something like that. But, I am just glad that my new card has already put out my old one after a day or so. I need to see if I can find a way to change timings and such. Oh oh, what is the divider in the ATT overclocking settings?(Goes from one to sixteen) Thanks!!

Richard

eightballrj said:
I got a 6800GT about two weeks ago and just put it in and decided the X850XT was the way to go. Now, I know my system is CPU/Ram bottlenecked... But, why with my X850XT at 560/1200 does my old GT at 414/1152 outrun it in 3D05 by around 50 points?? I just can't figure it out. Help?? I am running Omega 5.6 Drivers(5.7 gave too many BF2 texture errors). Both of these runs were with the same applications running in the background, or lack thereof. Both of these were also at the same clock speed and dimm divider. Scores are 5230(GT) and 5182(XT). Thanks guys!

Richard Jackson
:p no way - you sure you have all your settings right? Set verything to max perfromance if you wanna do 3DMark05 and from my experience Cat 5.6CCC is a tad tini tiny bit faster than 5.7 with a X850XT - make sure CAT AI is set to max etc.

For some reason I cant find the AI option in ATT or the Control Panel. Am I missing something? This is what I downloaded with the Omega 5.6 driver.

No brainer here, but have you used a driver cleaner or similar? Your scores should easily be up in the 6k range for the XT, close to 7k.

Back