• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm getting the "IRQL OR LESS" BSOD. could this be why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

V6 Knight

Registered
I have my system prime 95 stable and have ran memtest and both have no errors. NOW, i am getting frustrated of these random BSODs. could this be why?

sandra.JPG

now from that pic could having my video card sharing an irq with my usb and my sound card sharing a irq with usb be a reason as to why im getting a BSOD?

im really clueless but my system is fully stable.

ALSO, i have read that HP printer drivers could be the problem too. but im not really familiar with this. all i know is this is most likely a software proble.

thanks for the help guys

If you did get that BSOD and wasn't Prime95 stable, then increase the Vcore and if the symptoms continue, you have a bad OC'er or the processor probably is faulty. Also, may be caused by a faulty motherboard.

How long have you primed/memtested your system? This error is usually related cpu/memory problem, rather than a IRQ problem since modern computers and OS's are less picky re IRQ settings than previously,

Serious think the cause is an unstable overclock somewhere in your system.

i ran prime for all day, memtest for 10 hours. well, i have it fixed. its working fine right now. i guess it didn't like me having the usb sound and raid on one irq so i disabled some things and moved the sound card a slot and its fine

Well I don't remember seeing a problem like this since Win95 days and back then it was a big problem, almost everything you put in would have an IRQ conflict.
If I remember correctly when you have an IRQ conflict you can right click on the device in the device manager and change it under the "recourses" tab and I think you can change it in the BIOS.

How did yo run Prime? Did you set CPU Priority to 10? Was it the Blend or small FFT Test?
Run loops of 3DMark01 instead. See if the same problem occurs. If it does then it is a combination of your CPU and Memory giving out.

Last edited:
yes cpu priority 10, i used the guide from this site. i can assure you my system is stable. i first got that blue screen from turning on my HP printer. i have found some people on google with the same problem

guillaume said:
Hmmm I have been getting those for the past 4 days....Usually it's a faulty driver. The only driver I changed recently is latest nvidia. Did you update as well?
yes, that is the first thing i do when i format, install windows and install ALL updates.

Back