• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The new Creative X-FI sound systems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZGOZZ

The new Creative X-FI sound systems.

I have been reading about this card.
The most powerful audio processor ever built will soon be providing previously unimaginable benefits to users around the world. Delivering such benefits as accelerated frame-rates in games, providing the most realistic headphone surround experience and even adding back in to music the sparkle that is lost during MP3 or WMA compression - this new technology is going to transform the world of entertainment. Whatever you enjoy doing, if it involves audio, is never going to be the same again!

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/x-fi/technology/

darthdana said:
Now Creative just needs to release this with the Physics chip on board in a PCI Express card.
I have no idea what kind of space this cards will take up, PCI card 2 slots or one.

Mr.Guvernment said:
We shall see once it is on the market, that is a very brave claim to make.

HEHEH this I agree but wait till see I will order one in 9 days.

um that time count down thing isnt for release, its for new info to come out - I have seen it get to 0 a few times now, all they do is post more marketing on it each time.

infact does anyone know if they even have the hardware yet? as it was only a week ago all the people saying "yeah this is great, it sounds amazing" also pointed out they werent listening to it through an emulator running on a P4 as the x-fi processor itself had yet to be made

Senior Marketing Associate

Ron,

The 'official' release date is not published. I expect, however, the card will be shipping by the third week of August. If it is released then, the time to reach dtore shelves is typically 5 to 7 days. In any case, it will be out fairly soon.

TK

Tom Kirk

Senior Marketing Associate
Creative Labs, Inc.

ninthebin said:
dunno, but apparently that 17% performance increase number came from running BF2 - so there will be that to look forward to :)

LOVE BF2

Sounds nice, with impressive framerate increase numbers. I also wondered how BF2 would sound with it, as I saw the option available. I have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum right now and it kicks *** along with my Logitec 5.1 system.

If it does what they claim I will consider getting one. I bet they are going to be outragously expensive though.

About damn time there's a more powerful APU (Audio Processing Unit). I believe the NF2 MCP-T is currently the most powerful non-professional, gaming APU out, the A2's APU just has more features but in Raw processing power I believe it's still the NF2. R.I.P. MCP-T you were too advanced for your time in the PC world, but you served well in the Xbox

They say you can get a 17% framerate boost, but remember, all sound cards take some load off of your cpu. Its possible it is only 2% more than an Audigy, or it may be a lot more, I don't have numbers.

Back