• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win32\rootkit.i

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DuckDodgers

My kids computer is infected with the Win32\rootkit.i trojan. My son in his infinate wisdom ( being sooooo much smarter than Dad) removed Adaware, spybot S&D and shut down NOD32. So, needless to say they had all kinds of crap on thier computer, AW found over 350 instances. And now Nod keeps popping up an infection window saying Win32\rootkit.I has infected the machine and ANON cannot remove it.

I have searched and found nothing that really helps. Any Ideas out there?

I have threatend to format the whole shootin match and turn thier machine into a "folding only" unit. :)

Thanks in advance....

Thats a really nasty trojan. Along with all the other problems I'd just reformat. Too much trouble trying to remove all the files etc. I've gone crazy many times trying to get spyware / virii off of my parent's / sister's computers.

I hope you have a proxy / content filter too , your kids could be getting into bad stuff, lol. If you don't you could always get a smoothwall! :p Also setup one of those program that stops your kids from altering / turning off AV/ spyware etc. Kids can't be trusted :p

So from what I can see there is no real easy way to rid the computer of this nasty.

What happend to MS Strider Ghostbuster?

There are ways, but it takes awhile and even after you remove it you could still have other problems that remain on the computer. After a computer is loaded with spyware/virii like that just best to reformat if possible.

Back