• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless print server question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rpwinters

I will be rearranging my office and would be looking to put my printer on my local network. We don't print things very often, but it would be a nice option.
I am running a D-Link DI-624 Router, DWL-G520 PCI Adapter for my Desktop and a DWL-G650 for my wifes Laptop. I am thinking of using the DP-311P to plug right into the Parallel port of my Epson C62 Inkjet.
Anyone have any input on this? Is there a better choise for occasional use. Thanks

While I have not seen that exact model in use, I have seen the parrel to ethernet and they seem to work good. I would get it and if it does not work the place you bought it should take it back. Does your printer have USB? This one from linksys I have seen in use with USB and it works great, very fast, however it sounds like you already have the router/switch.

My situation is my Router and DLS modem are in the Master Bedroom. There are no phone jacks in the office, so I set up the wireless network. That is why I was looking at the wireless option for the printer. That and then I can move it to another part of the office without having to run a cable across the room or behind furniture.

Back