• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Offical E6 support with v1.90 BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoPMatrix

I just downloaded the Offical release of the v1.90 BIOS from the MSI site to see if its any different then the pre-released version and I found this in the change-log txt file...

K8N Neo2 Platinum (MS-7025) V1.9 BIOS Release
-------------------------------------------------

1. This is Award BIOS release

2. This BIOS fixes the following problem of the previous version:
- Support AMD E6 CPU.
- Support Cool and Quiet funtion.
- Update NVPXE version to 2.12.

3. 2005/07/12

[Below information is Chinese language]

A. Award BIOS ¥¿¦¡µo¦æ

B. ¦¹ª©¥»*×¥¿¤U¦C°ÝÃD:
- ¤ä´© AMD E6 CPU.
- ¤ä´© Cool and quiet ¥\¯à.
- §ó·s NVPXE ¶´Å骩¥»¦Ü 2.12.

C. §ó·s¤é´Á: ¤½¤¸2005¦~07¤ë12¸¹

Link to the MSI BIOS page for the lazy ppl...
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/bios/bos/spt_bos_detail.php?UID=607&kind=1

Also more info here:
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_cpu_support_detail.php?UID=607&kind=1

--------------------------
EDIT:

I think they are different because I hash checked both of the "w7025nms.190" files and they are different.
CRC code for the pre-released 1.90 version is: 75BF4F10
And the code for the version on the MSI site is: E6691882
So that means the files are different for sure, but what is different I don't know :p

Last edited:
Well, I just flashed with Live Update at the MSI site. I don't see anything that is different. The Spread Spectrum is the same. All options also seemed the same. If there is something internally different I have no way of knowing. I will run soe test to see if the parameters of the board are the same, but I suspect they are.

rseven said:
Well, I just flashed with Live Update at the MSI site. I don't see anything that is different. The Spread Spectrum is the same. All options also seemed the same. If there is something internally different I have no way of knowing. I will run soe test to see if the parameters of the board are the same, but I suspect they are.

The layout is completely different in 1.9 when compared to all previous bios versions, plus there is real X2 support and more ram timings, CQ seems to work also plus a few more things were added (i.e., NB fan speed etc). Murduk's modded 1.9 (based on the final 1.9) is the best bios I've seen or used on the Neo2 (it has outstanding memory options and fixed a minor bug that was in 1.9 final).

Yes, I know the lay out is different, but I was flashing from an earlier version of the 1.90 and there were no lay out changes from that one to this. I didn't state that in my post as I had previously communicated this to MoPMatrix. Sorry for the confusion.

Back