• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of first WC rig! {MCP655>BIXII>Swiftech Storm}

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What speed are you clocking? Stock(3.0) or OC. what is you room and case temps. With my system with a Storm, DD5 but a 120x2 swiftech and 26C room and 32C case I get 37C at stock 3.2 and 42C @ 3.8 GHz. 5-10 degree difference from case is not uncommon.

You have the exact same case, proc, and gfx (close) card as I do :)

Although I only have a BIX, Swiffy 6002 and an MCP350, my idle temps are about the same surprisingly. And, it's all self-contained (i.e. not removing the top :p )

Nice! I really like the top of the case, i hope you did it youself :). Im about to put a 120mm panaflo in the top of mine and this give me some ideas.

Macula said:
CPU temps ranging from 34-37C, is this good for the WC hardware?

Looking good, man.

My temps were:

Idle - 36°

Load - 42°

That's with a 3.2E stock. Turns out I actually forgot to use AS5 the first time I mounted my storm. Temps dropped by 2°C under load after I applied it.

Have you though about putting the bix on the top, outside the case, kind of maybe frame it along the top, with the fans sticking down into the top drive bay? Might make the whoel setup look "cleaner".

Thanks for all the feedback, I think I am like an inch off mounting it inside with a hole cut in the top of the case, not gonna cut the case till thats finalized though, ran prime95 for 18 hours straight and max temp was 39-40C, so not too bad, still running at 3.0 though, gonna OC soon but gonna be away tomorrow so maybe sunday

Also I would love to see some pics of some other X dreamer WC setups if you can link or post the pics

Looks good. I like the tube res saves space and looks nice, but I noticed that you have no hose clamps. I hope you have or are planning to put some on, and for only a few bux it's kinda dumb not to, it would be terrible for a leak to ruin your system because you didn't spend the extra 2 or 3 dollars to get some clamps. But yes I think it looks good, and I agree with jas on mounting the rad on top.

Stewie said:
I did it; without removing any panels too. ;)

Yeah I would like to see some pics too, Also how long is your PSU? That is what is keeping me from fitting the dual rad in the top 2 bays, I have mad dog 550W, seems to be ok, but it is a little long

canibalpenguin -- Voigts is right I am using black hose clamps, I am a little OCD about the little things leak tested for like 48 hrs. (24 with no hardware and 24 with everything attached)

Back