• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Turns on...But

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

illskills719

computer turns lights and fans turn on but \monitor stil says no input device :( help

Hey i just built a new computer here are the parts before i explain my problem
mobo -> http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/FeedBack/CustRatingReview.asp?DEPA=0&Item=N82E16813135191&page=3
amd skt 939 3000+ venice
1 gig of corsair value select ram
u see my comptuer turns on.. the lights go on and everything... the monitor goes on but just says no input device...when u connect the two it stays the same...monitor flashes no input device while the computer just runs with all the fans on and lights... i dont know whats wrong could someone help me out?

Last edited:
^ Keep in mind its VGA onboard graphics going to an LCD monitor, but I had another thought since our aim conversation: If you have an old PCI grahpics card that naturally supports LCD and VGA you could narrow your problem down.

The CRT works fine my dad still uses it to this day.. But it does not work with the new comp I mean it says like No input device or whatever

post = reset right? if ur talkin bout that ..no all the lights go on and everything even the hd red light goes on and it stays on even though ihave no HD connected on

Is the vidcard seated properly? I had that same problem with Navi, and it turned out that the "toolless" PCI bracket had come loose and the weight of the card loosened it in the slot just enough so that I wasn't getting a signal.

Back