• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a little help with new motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doabackflip

Registered
ok a guy from the xodide forums told me to ask here about my motherboard problems.... well atleast i think its my motherboard im not really sure.. well heres whats goin on.. about two weeks ago i started up my computer and i smelled burning plastic.. i wasnt sure what it was so i opened it up and checked.. i was pretty sure it was the hard drive, so i tryed starting it up just to see what would happen. it would turn on and just stay at the main motherboard screen.. i couldnt get in the bios .. i could do anything.. everyone at the xoxide forums said it was my motherboard, so i baught the msi k8m neo v mother board, zalman heat sink and an amd 64 2800.. i got everything hooked up... and i turned it on and the same thing happend?? i have no idea what else to try ive tryed a new power supply, and i ve tryed a few differant hard drives? and help would be good... sry for makin this so long

Have you tried booting with just the basic hardware and disconnecting everything else? (Clear the cmos first) Also, if that doesn't work, try pulling the mobo out and placing on a piece of cardboard and booting with just the video card, one stick of ram and of course the cpu. What you describe could be something shorting against the mobo in the case Good luck with it.

Back