• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Lanparty UT NF4-D problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stunnaxl

Im having some major issues with the new system im building. After installing all the components, i booted up the system and it wouldnt post. I went back and removed all the components one by one to see if it would boot up and it still would not. So I came to this forum and found out the problem may be the dfi board. I saw that all 4 LED lights were on. I tried changing the ram locations and all sorts of combinations and nothing happened. I've also tried removing the cpu and still nothing happened, not even a beep. Ive tried reseting the cmos, removing the battery several times and still nothing. All four power connectors are fastened to the motherboard. Finally, ive changed slots for the video card and still nothing. This motherboard was taken right out of the box and was never flashed. Do u think the bios may be corrupted ("4LED's of death)? If not, what else could be the problem and how should I attempt to fix it? Im thinking of rma'ing it anyway to get the dfi ultra version so that I may have sataII , but i would really like to get this thing goin. thanks

My rig:

Dfi LanParty UT Nf4-D
1 gig OCZ value select pc3200 (512*2)
Athlon 64 3500+ venice
leadtek winfast geforce4 6800gt
Fortron ax500 bluestorm (500W)
hitachi Deskstar T7K250 160gb serial ata II
creative audigy 2 value

Did you try a single stick of memory in slot #2?
Also check out dfi-street.com for DFI specific help, they also have a DFI employee there for help.

its not your board... and the DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra-D Is SataI and the DFI LO UT NF4 Utlra-DR is SataII

make sure everything has the power it needs... remove all but 1 stick of your memory and throw the 1 stick into the slot 1 yellow..

Remove and Clear the bios by removing the bios battery for minute and replace it..

Back