• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lost in the loop????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dfi-Boy

ok i have been working on my water set up now for close to two weeks and every time i go back to do some thing to it i get lost on what the hell is going on right now this is how i have the lines ran...

pump, T line for filling, rad, cpu. vid card, nb, res,

this loop sound right?

will their be any problems with my T line between the pump and rad?

that may be a problem for me my pump and res line is about3 in long and a 8 mm od tube but my res has 6 ports i can probly hook up the fill hole that way heres is a pic

normal_DSC01335.JPG

blt111 said:
does that res not provide any way of bleeding air?

the way i have mounted no...if i where to mount the res coming out of the top of the cas i could have opened the clear cap on it...

Dfi-Boy said:
the way i have mounted no...if i where to mount the res coming out of the top of the cas i could have opened the clear cap on it...
But filling/bleeding is the main function of a reservoir to begin with.
If you have mounted yours such that it can't be used, then what was the point?

clocker2 said:
But filling/bleeding is the main function of a reservoir to begin with.
If you have mounted yours such that it can't be used, then what was the point?

Front mounting a res like that still allows bleeding. Mounting it in this fashion also makes for easy viewing of the loop's status and adds visual appeal. I'd add a top-mounted fill port to a rig like that just finish the neat Euro look it has. :cool:

Perseus said:
Front mounting a res like that still allows bleeding. Mounting it in this fashion also makes for easy viewing of the loop's status and adds visual appeal. I'd add a top-mounted fill port to a rig like that just finish the neat Euro look it has. :cool:

YA I HAVE THE FILL PORT. BUT SHOULD I MOUNT IT RIGHT TO THE BACK OF MY RES OR RUN A T TO IT? AND WHERE WHOULD I WANT TO PLACE MY T?

AND THANX ON THE EURO COMMENT THAT IS WHAT IM GOING FOR

It seems to me that a fill port would be best positioned on the top of your case. That way it can perform its basic function without you having to open your case if you don't want to.

Edit: Yeah, even though I have a big-bore American cooler, I still love that slick Euro look. :)

Perseus said:
It seems to me that a fill port would be best positioned on the top of your case. That way it can perform its basic function without you having to open your case if you don't want to.

Edit: Yeah, even though I have a big-bore American cooler, I still love that slick Euro look. :)

YA THE FILL WILL BE RAN TO THE TOP OF THE CASE i was just lost on where to tie it in to my loop

sorry for the caps

If you have your T positioned on your pumps intake, running tube to the top of your case should be fine. At least I've seen configurations like that. If the T is mounted high, that shouldn't cause an issue either.

Back