• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 1.2 Asus A7M266

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gimli-

Registered
Hey guys,

I just purchased an AMD 1.2 gig 266 mhz CPU. I lucked out and recieved an Axia core and the CPU is unlocked (L1 bridges have not been cut). I was wondering how to overclock the sucker on my new A7M266. It has 512 megs pc2100 DDR. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Len

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

Just up the FSB until your comp becomes unstable. Then up the multiplier and begin again from 134FSB and so on. If you have good cooling you can add some Vcore to make the computer more stable. Keep your eyes on the temp.. The reasonable temp is 50C full load. More than that considered to be hot.

BTW: What is the first char on the third row? is it a letter or a number?

Good luck!

Gimli- said:
Hey guys,

I just purchased an AMD 1.2 gig 266 mhz CPU. I lucked out and recieved an Axia core and the CPU is unlocked (L1 bridges have not been cut). I was wondering how to overclock the sucker on my new A7M266. It has 512 megs pc2100 DDR. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Len

Unfortunately the A7M does not have a cpu multiplier. Adjusting the fsb is the only way to go unless you feel adventurous and want to try the multiplier mod---------
http://www.athlonoc.com/asusmod.php

For specific A7M support go to--------
http://www.2wolfs.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl

thanks for your quick replies dudes ,

Well, "the Coolest" you are right. I noticed the setting for multiplier but couldn't find the switches. What a POS!!!! Its one heck of a tease along with the 3rd dimm slot that just isn't there either :-(. I have FSB @ 145 right now giving me 1.31. So far it is stable as hell. I am impressed with the stability of this board. Im going to give ASUS a nice little email see what they say about their stupidity with the missing components. Im gonna keep bumping up that FSB slowly and see what i can hit.

A lot of A7M owners have posted gripes about this. Apparently, Asus and AMD have some sort of agreement...

A7M266/1.2Ghz
1004A/4.32
256MgCrucial2100/2-2-2
WBK92(55.1cfm)AS2
ElsaGeforce2GTS(21.85)
WD20.5/7200
ToshibaDVD
Plextor24/10/40
SB Live!5.1Platinum
DTT3500/Dolby5.1
Enermax350W
Addtronics6896
Win98SE

is it bad to just control the cpu speed with the FSB concidering it bumps the speed of everyhting else as well, or should i just keep on bumpin till it becomes unstable? i odnt wanna fry my Radeon 64 meg ddr
thanks , Len

Back