• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mach1 fanspeed overide help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Hey guyz, need a little help here. When i had the stock sunon fans (83cfms) on the mach1, i followed the instructions posted Here to get them to run @ full speed. Now i've swapped the sunons out for a set of 150+cfm Deltas, but i can't for the life of me reset the fanspeed on the control panel. so the fans run normal.

I keep following the instructions of the above post, but i'm missing on how to get to the "ST1" setting. All i keep getting is the "P1, P2" ect, but i can't get into "ST1"

The nventive manual is no help as i can't understand it. Can someone plz post the xact commands i need to punch in the keypad in order to get the ST1 settings so i can drop it back it's default settings?

Much appreciated

could you please say how you change it? i'm currently trying to figure out how to change the alarm but even though i follow directions and change the value it doesn't help :(

Is there a bettery or something on the controller that saves the settings? I would guess that if there is, removing the battery would reset things back to normal.

crimedog said:
could you please say how you change it? i'm currently trying to figure out how to change the alarm but even though i follow directions and change the value it doesn't help :(

For the -50c alarm fix:

Just hold down "PRG" untill P1 flashes then press up untill P25 is showing then press "SEL" and
change -50 to -60 and press "SEL" then "PRG" and you're done.
I did this on my r404 modded prom 1 and haven't had a problem with the buzzer.
Of course the probe and control unit aren't designed for -50 and below so they are inaccurate to all get out,
but this does stop the beeping. :D

For the Fans: This was copied from Here post #5.

Use the following process to assess whether the Prometeia Unit itself is sound or not... note this applies to MkI units only at the moment.

Read or download the MkI manual from nVentiv's site and then set the temp-set points for fans up and fans down. Set them as follows:

Press SEL and hold it down for a few seconds and "ST1" will appear. Use arrows up or down to set. Pressing SEL again and "ST2" will appear. Again use arrows up or down to set.

St2: -50
P2: 5

This will make the fans run at full speed til the unit gets down to -50. Which it won't. If it ever does, the fans will slow down, but once the temp gets up to -45 they'll speed back up again.

Fans should now run at full speed at all times. (Think I said all that right)

Now, to find out if the unit is running properly... a MkI should be able to reach -35 on the evap during chilldown...

You can test this by setting as follows:

St1: -15 (-15 and above system will be held in reset)
P1: 20 (ST1 - P1 = -35, so system will boot at -35)

Now depending on the load applied by the CPU (run F@H or similar) your evap head should sit somewhere between -25 and -35 after running full load for 2 hours or so...

If it does then your prommi is fine...

Should it all go horribly wrong in the controller programming, the factory presets are as follows:

St1: -20
P1: 13
St2: -33
P2: 13

Now, if you have Err3 problems, then:

1 - Your Load is too high for a MkI to handle - try the same PC System on the MkII and see if it copes... if it does then...
2 - Your MkI has a problem that needs diagnosing at a refrigeration mechanics level!

Also worth bearing in mind is a clocked up A64 can push past the envelope that a stock MkI is able to cool with fans at idle speed... so a lot of MkI users are thinkin their unit is faulty when it really isn't...

Hope this helps out.

yeah those are the directions i had, along with some extras, and they didn't work for my unit. my prommy has a mind of it's own though..

Back