• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, HD issue.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RMT99e

Hey, im trying to add a 80gig Western digital HD..but my normal HD always wants to be slave..Is it okay if i keep it this way, will tghere be any affect? Normal harddrive has windows on it and its slave...extra is master. will it matter at all?

also!!

The new hd shows up in device manager,speedfan, ect.. and it says it is working properly. How can i get it to show up in my computer?

Last edited:
Start/ settings/ control panel/ Administrative tools/ computer management/ disk managment.From there it should show up as unallocated space as it is not formatted.Partition and format as desired.
Do you mean that is is physically on the slave channel, the one fartherest from the mobo connection? If so is it jumpered to slave?

right now No, its closet and on cable select and its still slave. Ive tried a bunch of combo s but it always wants to be slave.

Back