• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDD score cut by 2/3's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Registered
HDD score cut by nearly 2/3's

Hi, I just got my motherboard in today and so I ran pcmark2002 and logged the results. Well, I start to overclock and then I notice that my score HDD score dropped by nearly 2/3's. It went from 1237 to 438, the instant I started raising the FSB. My other scores pulled away from stock just fine, though.

*Warning: beware of n00b overclocker*

I'm running 3.2E @ 3.6 with a 5:4 ratio. My ram is pc3200 (value select garbage, getting some new stuff in soon - pc4000). Mine won't dual-prime past 10 minutes correctly at any higher right now and I wasn't going to touch the vcore until I got my mosfets sinked.

What do you guys think? Have I missed something overtly obvious?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Don't worry about HD benchmarks. Just use the stopwatch if you think your hard drive is slower than it should be.

If it's still slow, then you should start looking for the problem.

Know Nuttin said:
did the IDE controllers go from UDMA to PIO mode?

Thanks for the replies.

Admittedly, I don't know what all this means, but I took a shot in the BIOS (looks like they did?). Have a look:

Last edited:
Know Nuttin said:
you should set the UDMA mode to enable, don't leave it at disabled

Thanks, Know Nuttin! That did the trick. My score for HDD more than doubled.

Know Nuttin said:
doubled from what?

438 to 1100 in pcmark2002. That's actually a little lower than when my CPU was at 3.2, but at least it's back up higher.

Back