• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgraded System -> Require New PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreammmatt

Hey guys, I am curious if I just had a brain fart when I placed my order for a 3000+, ultra-d, and x800xl with NewEgg... I have an Antec True430 that I got...oh, 3 years ago. Do any of these new parts "require" a new-fangled connector, or higher spec-output than what mine can deliver? I think that the mobo has a 24-pin connector, no? But most of the time one can run with an older 20-pin - is there any disadvantage to this that I would notice? I am just wondering if I need to run out to the store and pick up like, a 520W OCZ or something...

Aside from those new parts, the rest of the system load will be from what's in my sig.

Thanx

Go with your hunch, OCZ 520.
Its better of going with the newer atx revision than staying with the old revision on newer revision boards..
hmm.. ok thats it no more posting for me tonight... i think... :D

//Christian

I'm running my desktop on a Antec Truepower 430W. 6800U+presscot. I think it will handle a AMD system and a non 6800U video card just fine.

yea i honestly think that should be sufficient to power it, but if you are really pushing the overclock theres a chance you are gonna want to change to something a little more potent.

Back