• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best RAM for my pc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Honestly, what I know about ddr2 could be engraved on the head of a pin, but ram manufacturers I do know and I sray away from brand X. Out of all of those sticks Crucial are the guys who make there own ram. I mean make it not just assemble it. (Some of those folks don't even assemnle it. They literally pick it out of the garbage bin of other companies) Crucial has a very solid reputation so, based on that I'd suggest one of their products.

rseven said:
Honestly, what I know about ddr2 could be engraved on the head of a pin, but ram manufacturers I do know and I sray away from brand X. Out of all of those sticks Crucial are the guys who make there own ram. I mean make it not just assemble it. (Some of those folks don't even assemnle it. They literally pick it out of the garbage bin of other companies) Crucial has a very solid reputation so, based on that I'd suggest one of their products.

So I suppose your vote is with Crucial? What about Kingston?

Also, will my generic 512 stick already inside my pc reduce performace ?

Back