• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AN8 SLI - problems with 1GB sticks (Crucial BallstiX Tracer)???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Streifenkarl

Can anyone confirm this? There is a guy on the Abit forums who cant run these sticks with 1T and DDR400! They only work at 333MHz and 2T! Thats horrible, since the whole point of going 2x1GB over 4x512 is avoiding 2T, right?

So, does anyone here have this board and 2 1GB sticks running in Dual Channel Mode?

I would really appreciate any feedback on the matter, as Im about to buy 2x1GB tomorrow or on Friday!

Okay, this is the EMail reply I got from ABits Tech Support:

Dear Valued Customer,

We are working on the BIOS to fix some issues.
If you are not using X2 CPU please go to BIOS 13.
or you may want to set the Dram command rate at 2T.

So they know about the issue and are working on it. Thats good news! I will try the 13 BIOS version, maybe that helps.

yeah i have the new bios and 2 i gb sticks of ocz platinum 3200 and cannot run 1t. Hopefully bios 1.8 fixes cause it does suck to spend this kind of money and no 1t option.
Everything else is fine with it. Just cannot run 1t with 1 gb sticks.

just replying to let anyone know my problem was fixed with the 1.7 bios im all good now :)
Love this board.

hey i have a simular problem,i cant run 1T with 2x512mb pair of ballistix PC 4000 .i can only run 2T ,and im using bios 1.7.does anyone know if older bios might work ?

Back