• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better image quality with AMD than with Intel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Exi|e-

I recently bought an AMD Athlon chip, and after playing a couple of games i seem to notice that i have better image quality than with my Intel PIII chip. Could that be attributed to 3Dnow technology or something else? Maybe im wrong about this but i know for sure it looks better now. I wish i had some screen shots from both to compare...

example: Tribes2: image is crisper, more smooth.

I think it might be your love of your new system (and nice board, btw, I love it-although now I want the Dragon Plus! argh).

Did you keep all other components in your system the same? Or you might have changed a graphics setting along the way...but who knows, maybe you're right. Anyone with several systems want to run some tests? Might be an interesting comparison(and marketing tool for AMD if it's true)

i noticed that too when i got my amd but i think its just because i can run the fsb faster than my old p3/mobo so the vid card is running faster.i have the same ati card as you also

I dont think i chged anything but it could be. As for my FSB its actually running slower than my P3 (150FSB). Im at 133 now (266 fsb) well, actually its faster, ummmm, well..... you get the idea:p I kept the same components that i had. I dont know, it might just be me:D

BTW fuzzba11 i also want the new Dragon, i bought this one about 2 days before they announced the + version:mad:

Back