• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dell 2005fpw or hyundai L90

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nachosyumm

ok, ive decided on one of these two monitors. I have a x800xl on my current computer. First of all, would i get good framerates on both monitors? I will mainly be gaming on it. Im leaning toward the 2005fpw, but i heard of some promlems with the 800xt.

Is the dell the same height as a 17 inch monito?

Never heard of problems with the 800XT...if they did that's INCREDIBLY odd...most likely the person wasn't doing something right or it was a driver issue (meaning all ATI cards....which again, very doubtful).

That said....1280x1024 in a crappy 5:4 ratio or 1650x1050 with a 16:10....honestly do you ahve to ask? (not to mention dells 21 day money back gaurantee!)

Definitely go with the 2005FPW. And yes, it's the same height as a 17" monitor, but it fits just as much information on the screen vertically as the L90D+ (few more pixels, actually), and a whole lot more horizontally.

I have a X800 XT and 2005FPW. Awesome combination. I see no reason why a X800 XL would be any different. I've played Half Life 2 and FarCry, among other games on my system with no problem. Once you go widescreen, you'll never go back.

Thanks, i remember hearing about a problem with the xt and 2005fpw, but i guess it was just that person or something. I'm going to wait til dell has there next sale. My main concern was whether the combo worked, and if it didn't i was going to get the hyundai.

Muahahaha, ill be able to laugh at all my friends that lug there crts to our lan parties. Well, atleast when i get the rest of my new computer working.

Now i just have to kill my crt so that my parents will let my buy a new monitor.

Back