• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD 497 or HD 212's..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trueplaya4ever8

Since my Zalmans are crapping out on me i am in the need for some new headphones, these 2 have caught my eye the HD 497 and the HD 212's both are from Sennheiser.

Which would you guys pick, any personal experience with either? Any thing better for about $60.

Thanks.

They look almost exactly the same.

I have a pair of HD497s. They sound amazing however they exhaust my hears after a while because they don't go around the entire ear, they sit on them, and i found it tiring quite a bit, and would have to change headphones. Also the wires to the earpieces ripped very easily, My panasonic, Sony, Koss headphones were a lot better built I found.

hd 497 are very neutral phones and they are open

hd 212 are very bass boomy very very much so and are closed

for gaming these are the best you can get at that price range unless you can find a used sony v6 (note not v600 or v700 those suck) or senn hd 280 pro used

you can also get koss ksc 75 those are very good for their price esp if you amp them

uh what else

grado sr 60 are in that price range but they are more for music

now i fyou go to the 100 dollar price range i can give you a lot more choices

not really looking to spend that much on headphones. Just want a pair i can pretty much just plug up, i dont want to have to buy an amp or anything.

I have had a change of mine, i dont even use speakers so why get to skimpy on some decent headphones, so give those $100 headphone choices. :D

Back