• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is BIOS development a constant thing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

space--coyote

Registered
Massively disappointed to find that while 1.9 offered some additional support for processors (including the x2 3800+ I've got my eye on) it caused me some third party boot problems - basically if I want to boot from my Adaptec 29160 card, it knocks the SATA RAID 0 set out and vice versa.

So I'm languishing on version 1.8, waiting for something to change.

I've reported the problem I'm having to MSI (apparently I'm not the only one seeing these problems either) and they don't even seem to have opened the problem yet - posted a week ago.

So I was just wondering if they were maybe working on another new BIOS in the background and how often they release beta versions?

Also where's the best place to get these beta BIOS's first?

Until support for the board is dropped they seem to be constantly working on new BIOS's.
1.90 just came and out and v1.A3 is still in Beta right now.

Most of the time beta's are posted in the German MSI forums by a user that goes by the name of Murdok, he also usually makes a MOD version of each BIOS with the extra options unhidden and some other small tweaks.

That and sometimes MSI emails beta BIOS's to users when they ask for help about a certain problem, and its spread across the net after that.

You can download them here and here

And the time between the releses is always different.

Cool, thanks for the updates.

Guess I'll b sitting tight and waiting - assuming I don't get around to upgrading my motherboard first! *gulp*

Back