• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MY case mod..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Awesome window, that thing is huge!! Along with the rest of your case, at that.

Nice and shiny, too :p

Put it up in the case mod gallery(and check out mine, while you're at it ;) )

Oni said:
Kudos on the very shiny case. I hope mine looks that shiny when I'm done. Did you use basecoat/clearcoat on it?

Just followed the automotive paint guys instructions...

Got some high gloss jet black stuff.. whacked it in a air compressor thing..

oh first, but back the exsisting crappy Aopen paint job with 1200 wet and dry (wet) to smooth it out and get rid of the bumps...

No need for an under-coat cause it already had paint..

then whacked it in the aircompressor thing... the high gloss paint, my dad sprayed it for me... did about 4-5 coats

Left it for a week, cut it back with 1200 wet and dry (wet of course) used a cutting compound, then useed car buffer products with an electrical buffer..

its almost an mirror finish.. sure does get alot of fingerprints though :)

Carnage_cdl said:

Just followed the automotive paint guys instructions...

Got some high gloss jet black stuff.. whacked it in a air compressor thing..

oh first, but back the exsisting crappy Aopen paint job with 1200 wet and dry (wet) to smooth it out and get rid of the bumps...

No need for an under-coat cause it already had paint..

then whacked it in the aircompressor thing... the high gloss paint, my dad sprayed it for me... did about 4-5 coats

Left it for a week, cut it back with 1200 wet and dry (wet of course) used a cutting compound, then useed car buffer products with an electrical buffer..

its almost an mirror finish.. sure does get alot of fingerprints though :)

I did mine a similar way, but I didn't use wet/dry on it. just an air powered orbital sander to take the paint down. Ditto w/ the primer.

I'm gunna see if I can get more than one coat on it. If I can, I'll sand it down and buff it out w/ some buffing compound and a nice air-powered buffer. If not, I'll clear it.

Back