• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few minor web site changes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Basher

Made a few changes to the site.

1. Added back/next at the bottom of each individual stats page (was %!@@*&$ me off to have to scroll back to the top to switch pages, figured it was annoying others too.)
2. Changed the background on all pages to “static”. Instead of the background moving only the text and gif’s move.

Let me know what you think.

www.ocsetiteam.com

The page looks great in I.E. Basher. However, (at the risk of sounding like a whiner) I generally use Netscape to surf and the page will not load in versions 4.72, 4.75 (both on my wife's computer) or 4.78 (their newest non-AOL infested version, on my computer). It worked great last week until like Friday night, I think. It seems to hang just after loading the background.

yep... ditto on my Netscape...

FWIW, in IE, the graphics that have black starfield backgrounds look strange... might need to set them to "transparent" GIFs, then only the will "stars" scroll...??

Maybe that will be better? maybe not? I dunno... Transparent backgrounds will increase load times too...

That's really odd - I have version 4.72 on one machine here and it's working fine. My parents won't switch to IE, so I called them and asked them to look at the site with version 4.75 and they said it looked fine. They also use AOL and said it looked fine with that too. We're both running win 2000. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

I just tried saving the page source and all necessary images to my hard drive using the same directory structure as the site and the page loaded fine using Netscape 4.78. Pretty weird!?? I only tried the main page.

It appears as though Netscape on my computer (Win98 FE) is querying the server and either not recieving a reply, or, recieving a reply that it doesn't understand.

Well I dl'ed netscape and I checked the site and it did not work, now netscape has krapped out on me I can't even uninstall it don't know what the problem is I'll try to get netscape working on my system again.

Ok found the problem, I had to have the index.htm redirect to index.shtm (for the counter to work) and it seems to be hanging on that page for some reason, looking into it.

Back