• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wtf (pic)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shellshock

well, ive been having many problems with my comp trying to run games, or anything else of that matter. Like when I try to play bf2, my montor just goes black, clicks a few times, then goes back to the desktop like nothing happend.
Then a wile ago, I tried to run 3d mark 01, it just goes black, clicks a few times, then it returns to the desktop

here is a pic, sorry i didnt cut that other half off, im so tired and ****ed off right now, i really didnt feel like messing with it

3dmark%20screenie.JPG

any help guys!?!?

You know what, I can't help you, but that really sucks dude lol. How long has it been happening? Anything new installed?

Are u OCin your card?
if so put freq. down to stock or lower settings then restart comp. and try BF2.
If your OCin your proc. as well it might be that your system isnt stable (cause of shutdowns) or your not giving enough volts to RAM or Proc.

~Ken

Have you tried totaly uninstaling your video drivers (and using driver cleaner) and then reinstalling them? This definatly sounds like a driver problem to me.

Hi, i had that exact same problem last year when my monitor was going out.
Every time a game would start the monitor would go to switch to the diferent video mode/refresh rate and would turn black...

donno if thats your problem or not but i thought i would let ya know :)

well, it does it on another montor too, so i dont think its a montor problem. The card is at stock speeds, but the proc is mildly oc'ed to 3.4. Ive tried it with my proc not oc'ed adn it does the same thing. Im about ready to throw this damn computer out the window

yes, im thinging about it, since my comp has been *** latley(slow and not responding) but i'll have to backup about 100 gigs of data, all on dvd's, since my hard drive on my server is complety full ( i have a 123 mb free, yes i said 123MB), as is my external so, i kinda want that option to be a last resort

lol - i know the feeling of having too much stuff - @ those time i decide what i really need and dont need :d spring cleaning so to say. - can you borrow a small HD from a friends maybe ? just to see if a fresh format might help.

My 9800pro was doing very similar things. Try underclocking the vid card. My "old" 9800pro one day just couldn't handle overclocking. Had to underclock the thing to keep the system stable.

Check the troubleshooting tab under display settings, make sure hardware acceleration is set to full. What happens when you run DXDIAG? Have you tried Catalyst Control Center? It might give you some ideas as well if you look around a bit.

shellshock said:
well, ive been having many problems with my comp trying to run games, or anything else of that matter. Like when I try to play bf2, my montor just goes black, clicks a few times, then goes back to the desktop like nothing happend.
Then a wile ago, I tried to run 3d mark 01, it just goes black, clicks a few times, then it returns to the desktop

here is a pic, sorry i didnt cut that other half off, im so tired and ****ed off right now, i really didnt feel like messing with it

3dmark%20screenie.JPG

any help guys!?!?

You can get that error message if the GPU is OC'ed too much!!!

Thus please try again with the GPU frequency lowered by at least 5 mhz.

I gotten that symptom before when my GeForce 4 Ti 4200 GPU is OC'ed to more than around 290 mhz.

I believe Kevin007 wins the look-alike contest. :p

I'd also recomend a fresh format, it would do you a world of good. Perhaps, try reinstalling your drivers, over-write directx9?

well, im the procress of backing up. gah, my server is full, and my external, and my dells 80gig, so now im using my 30gig zen to put crap on. After that fills up, i will be start to put whats left on dvd's. me hate reformating

I know this may sound foolish... but is your video card's fan still working ok? Also, how is the temperatures inside your case?

i say reinstall with latest direct x, it will automatically overwrite the old stuff. and because the error message specifically refers to directx, I would definitely try it before you give up.

shellshock said:
well, im the procress of backing up. gah, my server is full, and my external, and my dells 80gig, so now im using my 30gig zen to put crap on. After that fills up, i will be start to put whats left on dvd's. me hate reformating
Why don't you just create a sepperate partition for everything you need to keep and just format the partition windows is on?

cause then he has to buy patrition magic or something else and hope the power doesnt go out while he does that and possibly lose 200g of data - not to mention i am sure (from last time i recall using PM) it would take a LONG LONG time to do.

But this time i would say FOR sure - patrition your drive - make likea 10g partition for windows and then move everything else onto the 2nd one this way if you need to format you only format the parition and u dont have to touch everything else.

Mr.Guvernment said:
But this time i would say FOR sure - patrition your drive - make likea 10g partition for windows and then move everything else onto the 2nd one this way if you need to format you only format the parition and u dont have to touch everything else.

Thats exactly how I have mine setup. Except its windows is on a 20 gb partition. Works very well when reformating.

Back