• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What If ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigDan3131

Here's a question for you all: Do you think that If I had another 250 PS from Dell I could remove the wiring connections I dont need then use a feed wire to turn it on.I want to upgrade my case because Dell !@%$# doesnt provide enough power to run more fans or a better video card.

I have the 4550 case which looks nice but its not the best equiped case for airflow. I have noticed that that big round disk comes off the side panel,theres nothing in the way if I want to add fans there. So what I plan to do is use the extra PS Modded to just run my fans. That would be about 4-5 high powered fans that WILL keep me cooler than I am now.I think once those fans arent drawing power from the main PS it will give more juice to vid card and hard drive. The extra PS will also be able to run my DVD ROM and Burner.

Keep in mind that Dell PSUs are OEMed by Channel Well, the same OEM of Antec PSUs.
They're much better than generic PSUs and also don't run as hot as the Antecs do. Also note that some Dell PSUs are WTX so ATX PSUs don't work without modification.

Change of plans... I bought an aluminum case today from CompUSA made by Thermaltake with two 120mm fans and one in the window a 90mm for nice 69.95 after rebates.I'll pull the stuff from the Dell case and when I have extra cash buy a different Mobo and PSU. My little 2.4 cpu is capable of a stable 3.06 when OC'd.

Back