• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[HELP] Webcam - what is out there today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

hello all

Seems there are no threads of people asking for webcam advice, well i am in the market fior a web cam and really dont know what is that is out there at the moment,

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is good? possibly post pictures of the web cams they have so i can see image quality?

my uncle once gave me a $300 FireWire web cam that had many lines in it (this was 2 years back) but it finally died.

i think we need a web cam sticky :)

So if you can recommend to me a good webcam - around the $50 range? give or take $20 if it is worth it of course and if you own one can you show me some picsssssssssss

Bump because mine sucks too. I only use it to see the nephews/mom/sis anyway tho. I've got a logitech messenger (free with comcast). The internal usb mic ain't too shabby tho ;)

I have had a few friends show me their's and so far they all realyl seems to perform the same, largely reliant on your Inet connection speed / CPu speed and what method whether you are using MSN or another better prorgam.

Sounds about right. When I had comcast's 768 up, the feed to my sis was pretty fluid. Can you think of anything other than msn?

Jod like Road!

Once my mom gets home I'll get their webcam...it works quite well with good IQ and low upload speed. Its made by Logitech though.

mmm, i used to have a program that was very good, worked via HTML or flash and a http server - cant recall the name, wil have to try and find it.

Back