• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Might get a new case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NsOmNiA91130

Okay, If you saw the post about me getting that acrylic case, i did, and it's awesome :D

But, it wasn't really what I wanted, but since they were on sale, hell, why not. I'm trying to decide if I should just stick with this, or go with a windowed case (what I'd like the most, but none were in my price range that I liked).

I looked at the LanBoy case, looks awesome, but it's $100. So I'm looking for a lan worthy case if I decide to get a new case (the acrylic one will be my case for my next computer if I do), I'd like some suggestions.

$80 max, please.

I found a few that look okay (~$40, as a HDD and a DVD-RW cost money :D), tell me what you think.

ASYS X-60 RobotYLW Black/ Yellow Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply LED Meter - Retail
11-195-018-13.JPG

11-195-018-05.JPG

11-195-018-09.JPG
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811195018

I'm leaning heavily towards this case, cause it looks F'ing cool and has that X window, and 2x rear 80mm

ASYS DT807BW Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply - OEM

11-147-005-14.JPG

11-147-005-22.JPG
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811147005

Has a LanBoy feel to it, I really can't explain...

I threw up in my mouth a little bit when I saw the first one, but to each his own I guess.
Also, I hope you don't plan on using the power supply that comes with either one of those cases as I can assure you its pure crap. You should also try and look for a case that uses 120mm fans.

I am not a huge fan of all that lighitng and full sidepanel windows, but it looks pretty decent.

Bad Conn is 100% correct. 95% of the tiem, the psus that come with them are PURE crap. Also, if you decide on the first case, you shoould note that the rear fan stampings are PURE CRAP as well... they should be cut out IMMEDIATELY and then edges with u-channel molding as well as a less restrictive fan grill.

So? Should I keep my acrylic case or get this one (it's the red version of the one above), or the one that looks kind of like the LanBoy...

11-195-017-15.JPG

Shinyness...

Will that scratch alot during transport though? Our LAN parties are pretty rough (Mountain Dew fights, anyone?)

So, thus raises the question. Acrylic cases aren't known to be very scratch and crap resistant.

NsOmNiA91130 said:
Will that scratch alot during transport though? Our LAN parties are pretty rough (Mountain Dew fights, anyone?)

So, thus raises the question. Acrylic cases aren't known to be very scratch and crap resistant.

hmmm.... im not sure if it will scratch, but most likely will. :shrug: If your lan parties are rough it would be pointless to put alot of money into a case if its gonna get all sticky and beat up. Find a cheap 20 dollar case that will suit your needs and if it gets the **** beat out of it at your lan parties it is not such a big deal. :santa: Then just replace it after a year or two.

BTW: your lan parties sound like alot of fun. :cool:

Well, I want a decent case... :rolleyes:

And yeah, they last for 48 hours. No sleeping, or else you get s*** done to you that you wouldn't want to know. No, I wasn't the one sleeping. It's 12:00 here and...what's my name again?

And I quote:

"YOU TEAMKILLING SON OF A -FUURRGHHARGH!!!"

:santa:

NsOmNiA91130 said:
Well, I want a decent case... :rolleyes:

And yeah, they last for 48 hours. No sleeping, or else you get s*** done to you that you wouldn't want to know. No, I wasn't the one sleeping. It's 12:00 here and...what's my name again?

And I quote:

"YOU TEAMKILLING SON OF A -FUURRGHHARGH!!!"

:santa:

lol... that really sounds dangerous. I dont know if i could go 48 hours with no sleep. Man im bad tempered even after staying up all night. Somebody would probably die if i got mad after 48 hours of no sleep. :santa:

Bust out the BAWLS!

Last edited:
I kinda like the Cooler Master Ammo. And it even has plastic covers for your power and reset buttons (just in case the fights get out of hand). I dunno about the price, or if it is out yet, but it might be worth a look.

I would keep the case you have, save $20 or $30, and get something a little nicer. Unfortunately, these days $80 with shipping is pretty cheap, but if you hold out a little you might be able to get yourself a lian li -- those are suitible for any lan party.

Alas, I have found out that I will be getting $80. So, I can definately get a better case (the acrylic one cost $55, I had to build it myself)

:clap:

I also looked through, and found this
11-144-010-11.JPG

Does anyone know if that comes in black?

Last edited:
3DFlyer said:
You were talking about no sleep and somebody might die? Well if my rig got a drop on it or so much as a scratch there might very well be multiple killings! LOL

:eek: OH TEH NOES!!! ITS THE LANPARTY CHAINSAW MASSACRE!!!! :santa:

Anyways, i think that the case looks sweet in silver, but i do not know if it comes in black.

hahaha. A freaky mass muderer wielding a dremel with a 10 inch cut off wheel and in his other hand he holds a power drill with a steel spike at the end. :O :O :O

RUN AWAY!!!!

Back