• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to unlock 640 Multi..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CordialSpam

http://www.asus.com.tw/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=185&model=515&modelmenu=1

according to asus..I can unlock my cpu multi...

ASUS CPU Lock Free
The P5LD2 offers the CPU Lock Free feature, which allows you to adjust CPU multiplier to 14x. The reduction of multiplier value provides more flexibility for increasing external FSB frequency to raise memory bus bandwidth. CPU Lock Free boosts overall system performance by making synchronous modification possible. Enjoy better performance at the same CPU operation speed and improve your system without pushing the CPU to the limit.

I don't see this feature in my bios..on some other thread I see people unlocking the 640..???

just about any LGA775 board will allow you to go between 14x & stock multiplier (16x on 640)... but a having a TRUE unlocked multiplier is only found on Engineering Sample CPU's

Sneaky said:
just about any LGA775 board will allow you to go between 14x & stock multiplier (16x on 640)... but a having a TRUE unlocked multiplier is only found on Engineering Sample CPU's

so you need a engineering sample to able to unlock it..you can't unlock a regular 640?

without an ES, you're stuck between 14x and stock multiplier - ES is 100% unlocked, thus why they are coveted by many PC enthusiasts

Set the intel Speedstep (EIST) to minimal - that should give you 14x.

Sneaky said:
without an ES, you're stuck between 14x and stock multiplier - ES is 100% unlocked, thus why they are coveted by many PC enthusiasts

yes 14X is good..but I CANNOT set it to anything BUT 16 x (Default).??

RangerXLT8 said:
In your bios under Enhanced Intel Speed Step see if you have a *Minimum* setting, if you do, that will lock in the 14x multi.

No, it only has Disable or Auto..if I set it to disable..it doesn't do anything.

fordf250 said:
There us an eist mod you can download from panopsy( cpu-z) I think. Then use clockgen an overclock to the moon.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=7805

on air cooling.

Expalin again plz? Where can I dl the mod? Clockgen does not support my board btw..

EDIT: NVM I found it and it works!! here's the link for the tool

www.cpuid.org/download/eist.zip

here is a screenshot: (NOT STABLE, dual prime fails in less than 10 sec :p)

untitled3ls.jpg

EDIT:2 fordf250 that's a very nice oc you got there...what's the temp?

Last edited:
I click on the link he had up and that version isn't for my mobo so it wasn't working. But I just downloaded the right version and it is working. cool little tool.

CordialSpam

I run 4.32G at 1.65V in the winter at about 55-58C in the summer its down to 4.25G at 55-58C and needs the same voltage to be stable.The other is just a suicde shot.

Back