• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

free webhost?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demighost

sup guys i was looking around google trying to find a free webhost. They all charge u somwhere in there. I dont need a crazy upload r nthing its a clan site. only clan members might goto it. And use forums. DO u know of any good free webhost.

In my experience, the best free web host is your own. See the apache sticky or visit http://kubels.net for an easy guide to host Apache on Windows.

I hosted my clan site (10-40 active members) for about a year at home. Server speed is limited to your connections maximum upload speed.

digginforgold has the right info, setting up your own server is good for building knowledge of servers and has the ability to host as much info as you can afford.

k thanx i will read that tut now. also i will be running a temp cs server off a spare comp i have. this is my test results. Will this bew enough bandwith to handle both servers?
2005-08-15 02:02:06 EST: 5494 / 904
Your download speed : 5626281 bps, or 5494 kbps.
A 686.8 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 925845 bps, or 904 kbps.

I would say freewebs.com. After like 1 week you get the forum option. Very simple set up, you can use text or html up to you. Has polls and all that stuff. Also not sure if they still do it but angeltowns.com used to give away a few free accounts at the end of each month.

Back