• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The PC Saga continues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raj Mahal

Registered
Hey all,

So I've been having problems with my new pc build, it won't boot up and I figured it was probably the fortron power supply. So I tried a generic power supply and nothing happened. I took the components out of my case and tried both power supplies and nothing happened. So I took all the components and put them in a different computer one by one and they all worked just fine, the only thing that didn't work was fortron power supply. The generic power supply worked just fine.

All these problems started when i was copying the i386 folder to my hard drive in hopes that would help me get XP set up. The computer just shut off in the middle of copying. From deductive reasoning I assume that both my power supply and my motherboard are both shot. All the other components worked in another pc. The fortron did NOT work in the other PC, while the generic did. And the generic did not work in my PC with the motherboard in question. Also, when I try the paper clip trick on my fortron is still doesn't start up. Should I RMA both?

Last edited:
Back