• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setting up a doman on windows server 2000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Agent Z

hey!

Our IT just left and now i am stuck with the job. I have to setup a domain on our server and i have no clue on how to do that. I have already planed out the groups and have a basic idea on what they need as in to file access. Now i just need to know how to create a domain. I would really appreciate if someone could post a link to a great tutorial that would show me how to setup a domain with groups and all that stuff. Thanks!

Search google or go buy a book
I'd help you buy im not totaly sure if its the same as 2003 which I master you can try running dcmpro I think to get the wizard or the configure your server page once its installed use the active directory users and computers to setup the user accounts then go to each computer and add it to the domain then create once you have computers joined and user accounts download microsoft group policy management to manage all your policys

You have to use dcpromo from the start, run menu. Also be sure to plan for your domain structure, ie running DNS on the server. Be sure to also plan for a naming convention for all computers, this will make doing AD much easier. I suggest finding a book before you even start and cover the major points in the book. Do not jump into this one feet first or you will have a crippled computer network on your hands.

Back