• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Already Going for it. WC ordered

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dlouly76

Well.... Looks like I couldnt wait on watercooling. I just built my rig about 2 weeks ago and have been reading on watercooling since. I predicted and hoped I could wait a month before doing anything else but I couldn't. So Today I have placed my orders for various watercooling components.

Radiator - BIX2
Pump - MCP655
CPU Block - Swiftech Storm
GPU Block - Danger Den Acetal Maze4
Tygon Tubing
Hydrex Formula
Breeze Minature Hose Clamps
Dual Bay 5 1/4 Res.
All 1/2 ID size .

My questions are for the BIX- For those of you that have a Lian Li - v1200b or something simular- Did you have problems mounting it?
Do I need to do 4 fans total for this push and pull or is 2 fans good enough. I already have 2 Panaflo Stealth fans ready for this - Should I get two more and also do I need Shrouds?

About the Filling and bleeding part as well for the MCP655 pump. Whats the best way to fill and bleed this ... just pour it into the reservoir and turn on lowest and keep filling. THen just cap it off?

I hope to have all my parts by this wednesday or thursday.

Yes.. Not a problem - Straight throught Swiftech -
http://swiftnets.com/

Just click on this link and then click on "online store" then click on " liquid cooling" and then SCROLL to find it. Dont use the left hand links as you will find it and click on the info page but there is no buy it now button. But if you do it my way you can find it in the listing and click " Add to Cart" - its 84.99 though(10 more bucks) - but they do have it.

I was also having a hard time finding it in stock since I was trying to buy everything all in on place.. but no luck . Most of my stuff I got from Sidwindercomputers.com and some from dangerden.com and then this pump from swiftech.com

Hope that helps!

Prime: fill the pump and the inlet hose with fluid first. Some pumps just won't pump at all when there's air inside and pumps can be damaged if they are allowed to run dry.

When setting a new WC set, make sure you do whatever to pull some fluids first. Probably the easiest way is to have the pump at bottom and reservoir or T at top.

Make sure it has water in the pump intake and that it does not run dry when you turn it on.

The BIXII will benefit more from higher CFM fans due to its thickness. If you are going with like 70+ish cfm fans, you may get away with two. If you are using lower cfm fans, it will do better with 4 fans in push/pull. Just how much better depends on several variables like fans pushing/pulling, mounting location, CFM of fans used (can't find the specs on those Panaflo stealth fans), etc.

You don't have to use shrouds with the BIXII-it works fine as is. However, shrouds that take the fans a little further off of the rad can help with fan noise and can help lessen the fan "dead spot".

As far as filling, you have the idea. Just fill it most of the way up and then tilt the case around to get whatever air is going to easily come out and turn the pump on 1 and keep filling. You may want to leave a little room at the top for air while it is bleeding out (15 min or so will get most of it) as some reservoirs don't bleed well when they are filled to the absolute top. Then top it off.

Thanks for the responses guys. That helps me.
As for the BIX2 and fans - The Vantec Steath's fans Specs below:

Air Flow 53 CFM
Fan Speed 1500 RPM
Power 0.96 W
Bearing Type Dual Ball Bearing
Fan Size 120x120x25 MM
Noise Level 28 db
Connector 3pin

Hahah. Rub it in.. I dont have access to that section yet. Otherwise I would have bought alot of things by now.. Trust me! Spent like over 1200 in the last month!! I am CRAAAAAZZY!! Feels like I am addicted to this now. I better stay away after this Watercooling project.

Back