• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Solutions to artifacting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pestoballs

i use the catalyst 5.7 on my 9800 and tried reinstalling however im still getting artifacts..

if someone could walk me through some of the setting in the ati control panel to fix this it wouldbe great cause its brand new

thanks

Pestoballs said:
i use the catalyst 5.7 on my 9800 and tried reinstalling however im still getting artifacts..

if someone could walk me through some of the setting in the ati control panel to fix this it wouldbe great cause its brand new

thanks
If you are getting artifacts on a brand new card theres something wrong with the card itself.

but the artifacting only happens when watching videos not when playing games, so that means its a setting

That, or the video card is screwed up. Try the omega drivers (omegadrivers.net) and see if it improves. If it doesn't, card = bad

Pestoballs said:
but the artifacting only happens when watching videos not when playing games, so that means its a setting
Well you neglected to mention that in the original post. :rolleyes:

What kind of videos, are you sure the artifacting isn't just the video itself?

Pestoballs said:

I got a Sapphire Atlantis 9800 Pro July 30 and noticed the exact same problem on stock settings. 2D and 3D looked ok, but any video (avi/mpg/etc) had blue and red artifacts.

If I used ATI Tray to reduce the clocks down 10% or so the artifacts did not appear. I did a quick google search and found some people in similar situations with 9800 Pros and stock cooling.

I then did some research and decided that since I had paid $180 (CDN) for it I might as well put in another $70 and get a 6600GT, so I exchanged it the next day.

Is yours a Sapphire?

nope its not a sapphire, and it is the exact situation that montrealer described...

i guess ill try reducing the clocks down

edit: o and can u run me through what clocks u decreased in the ati control panel to get rid of the artifacting, thanks

lol edit again: underclocked the card like 5 percent and its fine i think im just gonna settle with that..

thanks for the help all

Last edited:
Back