• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another dumb question about a pally 1900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

only1linc

Ok i have posted once before, and i think i have a better question than my first. can i take this:
AX1900DM3TC AGOIA 0206 VPQW Y7778750345.(default 12x133)
GA-7VT600(option for bus are 100/133/166/200, although bios only allows 133-165, which i believe is because of the cpu)
and pin-mod it following the interactive pin mod guide to change both clk and bus speed,
to have either a 8x200 or 9.5x166 that works?
or do i have to do anything else to "trick" the mobo into thinking it is a proc with a higher default bus first?

trying to learn with the worst possible scenario so that i can have a better time when i step up, almost did 939 3700+ but waiting to see how x2 and crossfire do.
i know, i know, everytime i wait to see how something new does, something else will come up and cause me to wait again. but really will step up soon......

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forums :welcome:
OK if you are looking to select a specific multi and FSB then yes you can pin mod a palamino or the mobo socket itself to get to the two settings you gave using two different pin mods.
So long as the bios and mobo supports the settings you will be OK and obviously the remaining parts of your system need to be capable of the FSB (eg PC2700 minimum)

Back