• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3000+ Temp Readings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XvDarkyvX

Hey guys. I got a 3000+ venice e6. so i popped it in with a xp90. weirdness. something's totally wrong. at stock, i get a idle temp 27 and load temp 41.
seems kind of high for load .... so i bump it up to 2.7 ghz 300x9. so it's putting about 1.65 volts. idle temp 28. don't quite remember. but the load temps were insane. they were like 58. anyone know what's the problem. didn't pay attention to it before i got a new motherboard. i'm currently running on a neo 2 platinum. so any ideas and help would be appreciated. before i was running at 58, i relapped the cpu and got it down to that so don't think it's that. would a motherboard raise the cpu temp by a lot? i'm frusterdated here.

Last edited:
Motherboard's often don't report temps accurately. It could be the temps are the same as before, but one or both mobos is way off.

Lapping the CPU cover could actually raise temps if the result was smoother but less flat than the original finish. Did you check it for flatness by holding it up to a screen or other regular grid? If it's not flat, the grid will be distorted.

Back