• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need to overclock more

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilAerosolCan

You can see all my stuff in my sig. I have a few questions. First, is it better to have a low freq w/ a high multiple, or vice versa? Second, how can I determine which component is holding me back? I was hoping to get atleast 2.8ghz when I got it up and running, but when I go any higher than 209x13 it restarts as soon as Windows starts loading.

a higher frequency clock with lower multiplier is better than the opposite. you can try water cooling to get some more speed if you're that into it.

The HT doesn't really make any different. What you need to do is, set a really low ram divider and cpu multi, and see how high you can take the HT, to find out your board's limit. Then set your ram 1:1 and keep your cpu multi low, and see how high you can get your ram. Then set a low ram divider, and see how high you can ramp up your clock speed (on your cpu). Then set your ram as close to it's limit as possible.

To test your ram, use Memtest86+. Many people use Prime95 for their cpu's, but I use Battlefield 2. If you can leave BF2 running all night, your pc is completly stable (IMO).

Back