• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MB won't recognize third stick.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiTrO bOiE

I bought a stick of OCZ 4000VX to add to my current 1GB and it isn't liking it. My specs are in my sig, the board is SUPPOSED to run 3 sticks at 333 (but since I'm overclocking it won't matter). I've tried EVERYTHING, I've ran the VX single to make sure it wasn't the problem, and the board boots, I add another stick of the EL and only 512 detects, I add all three sticks and 1GB will show... ONLY if the VX is in slot 1, but if the VX is in slots 2 or 3, only 512 will detect. However once I boot into windows and go to cpuz, all three sticks will detect. (but windows will only show 512/1G) Weird... I can't figure it out, if anyone has any suggestions let me know. :shrug:

Also, I've set it to 2T and it still won't detect all three.

Board is single channel (socket 754 and only has 3 slots.) I can't figure this problem out for anything, I'll keep playing with different configerations tonight.

Well I got my answer, the OCZ guys said that the board won't run memory with different SPD programmed. This sucks, because I'm too broke to afford another GB of VX and they don't even make the PC3500EL anymore. :(

im pretty sure those chips are BH-5. if you want more memory, sell that bh-5, and pick up 2x1gig sticks of crucial value ram, it will do 250 3-3-3 usually, allowing you to keep your current OC, but with more ram, and looser timings. and less vdimm.

The EL is CH-5, its just that I pump 3.3 through it to reach these speeds. I really don't want to sell them, unless I know for a stone cold fact that I will get enough money from them (and the VX) to buy a 2GB. I'm reaaallly tight on money and there's nothing worse than selling what you have and ending up short in cash, and not having a system.

Back