• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dmark05 install error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
Okay, so I tried to install it with two different downloads. I downloaded one install from guru3d, and the other from I forget where. This is all on my main rig, using the BFG 7800GTX OC. Both times I get this error:

Attachments

• 3dmark05error.JPG
    3dmark05error.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 145
I don't know but I just installed 3dMark05, and it installed fine. However, I can't get it run run at all. /shrug?

BTW, I got my copy from MajorGeeks.

Wow, one response while I was gone for a few hours! :(

Thanks for the response... hopefully we can figure this out. The other 3dmarks work fine...

PCMark05 installed fine to, but won't run either. The other ones run fine though. 3dmark2001, 3dmark03, and pcmark04 runs fine.

I'm curious why I got that weird error with two different downloads. I figured one was bad, but both? Grrrrr!!!

On my new system I have to turn off the NVidia firewall before any downloaded program will work. And that especially includes windows update.So I turn it off get what I need and turn it right back on.it does feel secure

I finally got a new 3dmark05 download that was able to install, but now when I'm halfway through 3dmark05 I get the windows error thingy "Send, Don't Send"...

WILL I EVER SEE A 3DMARK05 RESULT?!

Btw, this is on a clean format/install.

I downloaded a 3dmark05 install that works perfectly on my 2nd rig in my sig (the intel rig). I have a network set up between my computer, and so I installed that same exact download from the other computer onto this computer (the 1st rig in my sig -- AMD rig with the Sapphire X850XT), of course after I uninstalled the "bad" one. I still keep getting the same error, so I took a screenie of the error message. I doubt it'll help, but I have no clue what else to do.

Here is the error I get:

Attachments

• EncounteredError3.JPG
    EncounteredError3.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 122
Back