• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Water cooled system...Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocDrum

Registered
First off, this is not "water" cooled, but a -40C solution (2 Bottles of MCT-40), so I can pelt it in the future.
DD-TDX-Silver on the Proc (AMD X2)
DD-MAZE4 on the GPU (Nvidia 7800 GTX)
DD-Maze4 on the chipset (Nvidia4-SLI)

All components are 1/2" connectivity.
Ehiem 1250 pump.
DD Dual 5.25 reservoir.
BlackIce ExtreamIII radiator.

So the question:
Should I "Y" down to 3/8", or does the flow dynamics provided by the 300G/h pump eliminate this criteria?
From pump, Y to CPU and other.
From other Y to GPU and chipset.
From GPU and Chipset to Other.
From Other Y to common for radiator.
From CPU Y to common for radiator.
From Radiator to Resevour straight.

The Eheim pump gives me Major flow capability/overhead, do I need to have to concider a flow dynamic given the blocks I'm using?

You will get better performance running them in series, not in parallel (using Y) with just the 3 blocks you mention. Just go something like res-pump-cpu-gpu-chipset-rad, or whatever variation of that routes tubing the easiest.

Hmmm....Well I was going to go with a lower flow 12V pump (the DD12VD5) but no stock on them anywhere here in the states. I wanted .5" ID tubing, and have the BlackIce ExtremeIII radiator, so thought I should get something with the capability for a high flow for support of SLI and drive cooling in the future. I'd read some good reviews on the Ehiems, so decided to give it a go...If it doesn't work well here I can always use it in my fishtanks.

voigts said:
You will get better performance running them in series, not in parallel (using Y) with just the 3 blocks you mention. Just go something like res-pump-cpu-gpu-chipset-rad, or whatever variation of that routes tubing the easiest.

Given that I am looking at Peltiering the GPUS and CPU in the future, is serial still the way to go?
Perhaps Parallel with one line to the GPUS, and the other serial through the proc to chipset, then rejoin to radiator?

Back