• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI neo2 Plat NF3 with an X2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jakalwarrior

Ok, I ordered me a 3800 X2 and the motherboard thursday. They get here monday (unless I can get them to come let me pick it up over the weekend from fedex)

Question 1: now im wondering what bios does the board ship with? Do I need to see about borrowing my friends 3500+ newcastle so I can flash the bios? Or should it work fine already with the X2?

Question 2: will an XP90c fit? I see the odd position the ram is in and it makes me wonder.

I just ordered the same board and a 4400+ X2. I also would like to know. I guess a lot depends on how long Newegg has been sitting on their stock. Hoping it comes with the 1.9 BIOS.

I read that some folks over at MSI Forums had luck posting with their X2 cores and older bios. Some reported that only one core showed up with pre 1.9 bios mobos and after flashing it enabled the other core. In my opinion 1.9 bios is very buggy. Good luck!

Pre 1.9 BIOS's will only show 1 core, it will still post tho.
1.90 and 1.A3 will show both cores.

Back