• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading but not leaving

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BioVader

Well I'm goign to upgrade just because, I dunno why... OK because I'm weak and can't stop spending...

Anyhow 1st Rig will host the following:

DFI NF4 Ultra-D and a X2 3800
evga 7800GT
2x1g OCZ PC3200
74gig Raptor/250g WD 16mb SATA II

2nd Rig: MSI Neo2 Plat w/ A64 3200 Winnie, X800XTPE 2x512 G.skill PC4400

3rd Rig: Asus A8V Deluxe w/ A64 3500+ NC, ATI 9700pro 2x512 Corsair PC3200 (Going to little sister)

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's like that one guys sig... I'm not going to spend money. I'm not going to spend money.... Ewwww Shiny

Looks like a great new rig BioVader. That DFI is a great board and the X2's are the best AMD's ever. Good luck with it.

rseven said:
Looks like a great new rig BioVader. That DFI is a great board and the X2's are the best AMD's ever. Good luck with it.

Well I hope the X2 is smoething special because I have a feeling it's going to be like running the winnie.. Just with a second one.. :shrug:

One down... One to go..

1-7800GT_3.JPG

Hey I;m doing the same thing. Upgraded to PCIE and figured I might as well throw my neo2 into my server rig. I don't have an x800 for it though... 9600xt :).

Just reporting in guys.. I'm sitting at 285x10 1.52v with my X2 3800 on the DFI NF4 Ultra-D board. Still have more room to go...

Ok I'm coming back... I'm going to be putting my X2 in the Neo2 along with the Gskill.. The new gaming system I built was kind of overkill since I need to run 2gig of ram for BF2. Doing so means that the X2 that will overclock to 2.85 is limited because of the ram being crap. So I can only run the CPU at 2.5gig with the OCZ ram running a 166 divider.

So now I'm going to try running the X2 like I said in the Neo as my second system for doing all the other stuff, like encoding and stuff.. I guess..

Back