• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with games...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JR007

Registered
Hey,
Alright, i scrapped together a PC for my GF to get her by until she and I have enough money to build her a better one. it was running games like The Sims 2 and Battle Field 2 fine (although low graphics settings), but then we installed Unreal Tournament 2k4.. It ran fine, and we had a mini LAN last night and it was a blast. But, after installing it, we tried to play The Sims 2/BattleField 2.. Now they lag so horribly its impossible to play. ANy ideas as to why?

Things I've tried:

I swapped out sticks of RAM, because one of them was iffy to begin with but that wasnt the problem.

I uninstalled Unreal Tournament as the problems started after it was installed, but that didnt fix it.

I uninstalled a couple of unplayed games to free up Hard drive space, did not help.

I reinstalled the virtual CD drive that she runs them off (No I didn't DL the games, I bought them but she uses a CD image so she can use them until she buys her own games.)... No good.

Where to go next? Ran dxdiag and no reported problems.

Athlon XP 2000+
MSI 6332 (If I recall)
Radeon ALL IN WONDER 9700 128 MB
The RAM is some cheap stuff, dont know what it is.. but it does work, it was out of a diff PC and worked fine before we installed Unreal so I know that it isnt the RAM (least not likely)

Back